Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday, September 11, 2008 around 4:45 p.m.

First of all, happy birthday Peach Face. Second, congratulations to those who made it onto quiz bowl with me. Third, I have been thinking. Here are my thoughts.
Every friendship is different. But that is mostly because people are different. Let me describe some of the relationships around me.
Today, two of my friends got into a fight. They do this often. But as usual, by the end of the day, we could all tell they would be fine.
I have another friend who puts people around him who can make him laugh. He doesn't seem to make too many ties with many of these people, they're just around to have fun and for him to have fun.
I have another friend who annoys the heck out of people. But they put up with this person because they love him. Its odd. But amazing.
There's someone who has lots of friends, but none seem to be her BEST friend. Is it possible one doesn't need a best friend?
That bring me to an interesting thought, why do we have best friends? What do we charachterize as a best friend?
I think of someone to share my secrets with, to go to when I'm upset, but to have lots of fun with when I'm happy. Right now, that's Elizabeth. Also Makayala has been there for me a lot lately.
With Luke, lately we just seem to be having fun. When its conveinient. I'm used to wanting to be around him a lot. I'm not exactly sure why. But it seems like, as I strengthen my relationships with other people I need him less. I'll always be friends with him, I think, but I can stand to not talk to him for a while. He even annoys me a bit sometimes. Which is healthy, I believe. He's still the most fun person around me though. That's for sure. Even thought Zeeba is running a close second.
Smedley, as I call him to differentiate him from my other friend with the same first name, and I don't hang out that much. Or talk that much besides the random comment on a myspace page. But he and I have a connection. I'm always happy when I see him. He's just one of those people I adore for no apparent reason.
Makayla I never planned on letting into my life as much as I have. But she just keeps getting sucked into my personal bubble. I think not having any classes with her this year actually helps.
Zeeba, Elizabeth, Kathy, whatever. She's amazing. I love her. Best friends forever.
So now that you know a bit about my friendships, let me explain something else. If you care about a friendship, you have to be careful. You have to keep your mind in a place where it doesn't insult that friend. You never know what you may say out loud. You must get to know that person, observe how they react to their enviroment and learn how to work with that. This is the greatest advice I can give you. It will make a friendship last. Learn how to make them happy, learn what makes them tick. Learn their flaws, and work around them. Get to know their inner personality. Draw conclusions based on fact. You get to be a better friend this way.

I had a purpose for this blog, I know I did, but I don't think I fullfilled it.

My point at this point (teehee) is that friendshps are fragile. You have to learn and mold to yours. Select people who compliment you, and never forget that people can infer things about you based on the company you keep.

2 comments:

cascadeswimmer said...

1. u spelled my name wrong but i thought it was funny!
2. i agree i nvr thought we would b as close as we r n i def didn't expect us 2 b!
3.there was somethin else but i hve 2 reread it hld on

cascadeswimmer said...

yep idk wht it was sry... u no me!! lol